Blog Archive

Thursday, April 28, 2011

It's everywhere!

You know how after you research something, or learn a new fact, or learn the definition of a new word, and all of a sudden you see that particular tidbit everywhere? That's what's happening to me right now. Yesterday I turned in my 3500 word paper about street harassment in Jordan.  I got to interview a lot of people, read a lot of blogs, and heard a lot of stories about street harassment and sexual harassment in general.

Then today, I was perusing one of my favorite procrastinating news sites, Alter Net, and I found an article about street harassment. Which linked to another, and another.  And I find out that April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month.  Huh.  Who'd a thunk?  Guess I chose the right topic.  As always after writing a long research paper, I now cannot stop myself from researching more and more even after the fact... perhaps this will be an interest I carry with me back to the States.

No comments:

Post a Comment