Blog Archive

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Pyramids and Camels and Sphinxes, oh my!

So today was the day... pyramids day! Hopefully the most touristy day that we will have.  Dr. Ramadan, who apparently has some awesome connections, including to Dr. Zahi Hawass, got us in everywhere. It was AWESOME. We went into the Great Pyramid and climbed up to the burial chamber (it was a tiny tiny board walkway, Dad, you would not have liked it! It was very small.) Then we took a nice long camel ride in the rain to the Sphinx. After such an eventful day.... we came back to the apartment and took two hour naps, haha. And then our lightbulb in the bathroom exploded, but that's a whole other story.

Being at the pyramids today and hearing Dr. Ramadan talk about it made me really excited about classes! And made me start going through the same old, do I want to go into ancient or modern studies? debate. Hopefully this semester will help me figure it out. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. I want to see pictures!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rain, in the desert? Ditto to what your mom said, these pictures will be epic! I'm glad you got a chance to get them this time!

    ReplyDelete