Blog Archive

Monday, May 9, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I'm baaack! Pretty uneventful travels, other than getting sick on the flight to Chicago from Frankfurt... fun.  If I don't fly again for a year, I'll be happy.  (Oh, but jk... flying to DC in a month.  Curses!) I got a little teary-eyed when I saw the Jordanian flag among the others outside O'Hare's international terminal, but other than that I haven't been too terribly bent out of shape about not being in Jordan anymore. Maybe because I've been focusing my energy on not having a fever.  Minor details.


What I'm going to miss most about Jordan:
The landscape and the people.  Jordan is absolutely beautiful with hills, mountains, green, farms, desert, sand and stone. Amman itself is breathtaking. It took me a bit to warm up to it, but it definitely has a unique kind of charm.


But the people are what seals the deal for me. Jordanians, as I have mentioned somewhere earlier, are some of the nicest, most welcoming people in the world. I have formed some great friendships, and I will miss them dearly. 


What I am NOT going to miss about Jordan:
Smoking everywhere.  Shabab and their harassment.  Wearing long clothes all the time.  Having to take taxis everywhere.  Not being able to drink tap water. 


That's an uber short summary, but it gets my point across.  No reverse culture shock as of yet, considering I haven't left my house at all.  This may be the last post on this blog (unless I think of something pertaining to my experiences abroad that I want to share).  It's been a good run.  Thanks, family and friends (and a couple randos) for reading! Can't wait to see you all very soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment